HI. We’re Jessika and Jimmy.
(Jimmy wants you to know that you can also call him Jim or James.)
FUN STUFF ABOUT US… IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.
– We’re married, we’ve got three very spoiled cocker spaniels (Moonpie, Chocola, and Rocky Road), and a rowdy elementary schooler named Tucker. Yes, as in Commander Tucker from Enterprise. (NX-01, duh) (Our friends say it sounds like a race car driver’s name, and we’re totally fine with that.) His middle name is Zenn, after Jimmy’s grandpa. We call him Zennie a LOT.
– When we manage to get the cameras away from our faces, we like things that go fast. Fast cars, especially. We often talk about how fun it would be to fly across the country for dinner and then fly home. Can you tell we like flying?
– If you’re reading it, I (Jessika) probably typed it. Jimmy likes to sneak around in the background… always listening, always watching. Like a Ninja.
– I grew up in New Castle, IN and was a drum major in the marching band. I also played soccer and tennis and was the commencement speaker. My introvert tendencies only became apparent once I went to college.
– I did a short stent at Butler as a Biology, Pre-Med major but then transferred to Purdue and got a degree in MET. BOILER UP!! I worked as an engineer in factories for a while and discovered that the lifestyle wasn’t for me. And along came my Photography degree from The Art Institute of Indianapolis.
– I am not a morning person.
– I feel strongly that it is important to learn to love yourself just the way you are. There is a huge amount of freedom and power in loving yourself.
– I also feel strongly that all people need to know how to drive a stick.
– I love books. My favorites are Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson, and Star Trek Corps of Engineers. Jimmy can’t stay awake long enough to read a book.
– Jimmy grew up in Columbus, IN and has been a Machinist for, like, forever.
– We like dirty things and industrial things… falling down buildings and restored buildings and pretty much anything with personality.
– We are the kind of people who do what’s right, because it’s the right thing to do.
– We feel that two people who love each other with all of their hearts should be allowed to get married.
– I LOVE Lady Gaga. (I took Tucker to his first Lady Gaga concert while he was still in utero. It was so amazing that I cried.) After we leave a wedding, we have an iPod playlist called “Reception Techno.” We play it the entire way home.
– We think science is awesome. We love the Mythbusters, Stormchasers, Ghost Hunters, Star Trek, Warehouse 13, Top Gear, and Eureka. Sometimes we fight about Physics.
– One of our greatest ambitions is to photograph a tornado. (We came close in the summer of 2011… I was able to get a shot of a funnel cloud with my iPhone. Ask me to see it, I will proudly show it to you.)
– Super Troopers is our favorite movie. We might quote it during your session. “You boys like Mex-i-co?” (Or possibly Ricky Bobby.) “I’m flying through the air. This is not good.” We also LOVE the new Star Trek reboot movies.
– We watch Chopped constantly. Alex and Geoffrey are our favorite judges. We think Arron sabotages the red chili flake container. (How many people have dumped in WAY too much? Think about it!) We think that Amanda Freitag is a Socially Awkward Penguin. Quote you will hear often in our living room: “Shut up, Ted!” We also love to watch Iron Chef (Japan and America) and Beat Bobby Flay.
– If you want to learn more about us, you can stalk our blog or add us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. We love stalkers. Fair warning… I’m not all Sunshine and Rainbows like a lot of photographers. (But I am pretty darn funny.) I’m a real person, and I hope you are too.